Spot Pass Protection provides reimbursement for the prepaid, non-refundable cost of a ski pass less any refunds issued when you cancel your pass due to a covered unforeseen reason.
of your money back before the season begins. Prorated thereafter.
If you purchased Pass Protection at checkout or through the contact center, you’re covered.
Your pass and prepaid lift tickets.
You’re covered if you have to cancel your pass due to unforeseen events like family emergencies or sickness.
Pass holders who purchased Spot Pass Protection at checkout or through the call center. This is an optional benefit available for pass holders.
Spot Pass Protection costs 7% of the pass price. Pass insurance is 5.027% of the pass price and technology fees are 1.973%.
Season pass cancellation or interruption for listed unforeseen covered events including:
• Your or a family member's death, sickness, or injury.
• Your primary place of residence is made uninhabitable due to a natural disaster, vandalism, or burglary.
• Your current employer requires you to transfer 100 miles or more away from your principal residence
• Revocation of your previously granted military leave or re-assignment. Official written notice of the revocation or re-assignment by a supervisor or commanding officer of the appropriate branch of service will be required.
• You are involuntarily terminated or laid off from your employment. The termination notice must occur at least thirty (30) days after your cancellation effective date. You must have been an active employee with the same employer for at least one (1) continuous year. This provision is not applicable to temporary or seasonal employment, independent contractors, freelancer, or self-employed persons.
• Normal Pregnancy. The date of conception, as verified by medical records, must occur after the effective date for the policy (Added for products sold on or after March 6, 2023; Excludes NY and WA residents)
Check your state's policy for full list of inclusions.
Pre-existing medical conditions. If you have been actively treating for an injury during the 60 days prior to purchasing your pass protection and your claim is based on this injury, your claim will likely not be approved.
Voluntary work status changes. This includes voluntary transfers, voluntary layoffs, accepting a position at a new employers that causes a move, voluntary relocation that is not tied to employment.
Check your state's policy for full list of exclusions.
Some of the details of the policy may change depending on your state of residence. You may download and review a sample of your state's specific policy prior to purchase. Once you purchase coverage you will be able to view your policy from your account.
Choose your state of residence to download the sample policy.
Looking for injury insurance? Click here to learn how Ikon Pass + Spot Injury Insurance can cover up to $25k of your medical bills if you get hurt on the slopes.