All registered members of Powder Mountain's daily pass program for whom daily premium has been paid.
Ski, snowboard or snow tube participants on Powder Mountain.
A sudden unexpected and unintended event, independent of sickness and all other causes.
Must be incurred within 30 days from the date of the accident.
Benefits paid up to 52 weeks from the date of the accident.
Spot must be notified within 60 days after a loss occurs or begins, or as soon as reasonably possible. Use the link below to contact our customer care team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply start a claim from your Spot account.
Coverage is for death or severe dismemberment as the result of a covered accident resulting from a covered activity.
Coverage is for heart failure resulting in death that occurs within 72 hours of participating in a covered activity. No coverage exists for pre-existing heart conditions.
We will not pay benefits for a loss due to or expenses incurred for:
1. intentionally self-inflicted injury, suicide while sane or insane;
2. voluntary self-administration of any drug or chemical substance not prescribed by or not taken according to the
directions of the Insured's Physician;
3. treatment for alcoholism or drug addiction;
4. Injury caused by, attributable to, or resulting from the Insured's Intoxication;
5. Injury where the use of alcohol caused the loss, substantially contributed to the loss or resulted in the Insured’s
blood alcohol level equaling or exceeding the legal limit;
6. operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a Controlled Substance unless administered on the advice of a
Physician and taking the prescribed dosage;
7. operating a motor vehicle while having a blood alcohol level that equals or exceeds the legal limit for operating
a motor vehicle in the state or jurisdiction where the Injury occurred;
8. voluntary commitment of or an attempt to commit a felony, or engagement in an illegal activity;
9. active participation in a riot or insurrection;
10. any Injury that results from the Insured’s voluntary participation in fighting, brawling, assault or battery;
11. an act of declared or undeclared war;
12. active duty service in any Armed Forces;
13. operating, learning to operate, or serving as a pilot or crew member of any aircraft unless specified in the
Insured Risk section of this policy;
14. mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other
15. parachuting, except for self-preservation;
16. scuba diving, bob-sledding, bungee jumping, ballooning, flight in an ultralight aircraft, sky diving, hang-gliding,
glider flying, sailplaning, or parasailing;
17. participation in professional racing;
18. injuries associated with activities or travel outside the United States;
19. sickness, disease, bodily or mental infirmity or medical or surgical treatment thereof, bacterial or viral infection,
regardless of how contracted. This does not exclude bacterial infection that is the natural and foreseeable result
of an Injury or accidental food poisoning;
20. orthodontic braces or appliances;
21. any loss for which benefits are paid under state or federal worker's compensation, employers’ liability, or
occupational disease law;
22. charges which the Insured would not have to pay if the Insured did not have insurance;
23. a charge which is in excess of the Allowable Expense;
24. cosmetic surgery, except reconstructive surgery due to a covered Injury;
25. participation in semi-professional and professional sports, play or practice, or any related travel;
26. organ transplants;
27. elective treatment or surgery that is not prescribed by a Physician and is not Medically Necessary, health
treatment, or examination where no Injury is involved;
28. preventive medicines or, serums or, vaccines;
29. voluntary termination of pregnancy;
30. contraceptive methods, devices or aids; elective sterilization or its reversal; artificial insemination; or in-vitro
31. routine medical care; and normal health checkups;
32. rest cures or Custodial Care;
33. mental and nervous disorders;
34. Pre-existing Conditions;
35. human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS related complex
36. infectious disease;
37. loss caused by or resulting from nuclear radiation or the release of nuclear energy;
38. services or treatment rendered by a Physician, Nurse or any other person who is: employed or retained by the Policyholder; or the Insured or an Immediate Family Member;
39. services or treatment incurred to the extent that they are paid or payable under any Other Insurance Plan;
40. services or treatment incurred to the extent that they are paid or payable under any automobile insurance policy
without regard to fault. This exclusion does not apply in any state where it is prohibited;
41. Injury sustained by reason of a motor vehicle accident to the extent that benefits are paid or payable by any
Other Insurance Plan;
42. travel in or upon:
any two or three wheeled motor vehicle;
any off-road motorized vehicle not requiring licensing as a motor vehicle in the jurisdiction where
43. any Accident in which the Insured is operating a motor vehicle without a current and valid motor vehicle
operator's license (except in a driver's education program);
44. eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, or related examinations or prescriptions;
45. treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders involving the installation of crowns, pontics, bridges or
abutments or the installation, maintenance or removal of orthodontic or occlusal appliances or equibilbration
46. charges from a clinic or facility primarily providing convalescent, custodial, educational or nursing care;
47. charges from a clinic or facility primarily providing care for the aged, drug addicts or alcoholics;
48. charges from a clinic or facility primarily providing rehabilitative care.
© 2023 Spot Insurance Inc. All rights reserved. MTCR Powder Mountain Resort Management, LLC is the policyholder for Accident Insurance that covers eligible participants participating in covered activities to which premium has been paid. Coverage is subject to the terms conditions and exclusions of the policy. Coverage is underwritten and claims are serviced by Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company and facilitated by Spot Insurance Inc.