All registered campers and biking participants of Loblolly Pines Adventure Camp who are 6 years of age and older whom premium has been paid.
Camping trips, walks, and bike rides (including e-biking) while on Loblolly trails, and connecting trails and parks.
A sudden unexpected and unintended event, independent of sickness and all other causes.
Must be incurred within 90 days from the date of the accident.
Benefits paid up to 52 weeks from the date of the accident.
Spot must be notified within 31 days after a loss occurs or begins, or as soon as reasonably possible. Use the link below to contact our customer care team, email email@example.com or simply start a claim from your Spot account.
Coverage is for death or severe dismemberment as the result of a covered accident resulting from a covered activity.
Coverage is for heart failure that is medically diagnosed within 24 hours of participating in a covered activity. No coverage exists for pre-existing heart conditions.
We will not pay benefits for a loss due to or expenses incurred for:
1. Intentionally self-inflicted injury, suicide or any attempt thereat while sane or insane;
2. commission or attempt to commit a felony or an assault;
3. commission of or active participation in a riot or insurrection;
4. bungee-cord jumping, parachuting, skydiving, parasailing, hang-gliding;
5. declared or undeclared War or act of War;
6. flight in, boarding or alighting from an Aircraft or any craft designed to fly above the Earth’s surface, except as:
a. a fare-paying passenger on a regularly scheduled commercial or charter airline;
b. a passenger in a non-scheduled, private Aircraft used for pleasure purposes with no commercial intent during the flight;
c. a passenger in a militaryAircraft flown by the Air Mobility Command or its foreign equivalent;
7. travel in or on any on-road and off-road motorized vehicle that does not require licensing as a motor vehicle;
8. Sickness, disease, bodily or mental infirmity, bacterial or viral infection or medical or surgical treatment thereof, except for any bacterial infection resulting from an accidental external cut or wound or accidental ingestion of contaminated food;
9. travel outside the United States;
10. the Covered Person being legally intoxicated as determined according to the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Covered Accident occurred;
11. voluntary ingestion of any narcotic, drug, poison, gas or fumes, unless prescribed or taken under the direction of a Physician and taken in accordance with the prescribed dosage;
12. injuries compensable under Workers’ Compensation law or any similar law;
13. a Covered Accident that occurs while on active duty service in the military, naval or air force of any country or international organization. Upon Our receipt of proof of service, We will refund any premium paid for this time. Reserve or National Guard active duty training is not excluded unless it extends beyond 31 days;
14. aggravation, during a Covered Activity, of an injury theCovered Person suffered before participating in that Covered Activity, unlessWe receive a written medical release from the Covered Person’s Physician;
15. operating any type of vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or any drug, narcotic or other intoxicant including any prescribed drug for which the Covered Person has been provided a written warning against operating a vehicle while taking it. Under the influence of alcohol, for purposes of this exclusion, means intoxicated, as defined by the law of the state in which the Covered Accident occurred.
In addition, benefits will not be paid for services or treatment rendered by any person who is:
1. employed or retained by the Policyholder;
2. living in the Covered Person’s household;
3. an Immediate Family Member of either the Covered Person or the Covered Person’s spouse;
4. the Covered Person.
The following will not be considered Covered Expenses unless coverage is specifically provided.
1. Any service, treatment or supply that is not considered Appropriate Treatment as defined in this Policy.
2. Expenses Incurred after the end of the Benefit Period, even if Incurred for continuing services or treatment of a Covered Injury.
3. cosmetic surgery or care, or treatment solely for cosmetic purposes, or complications therefrom. This exclusion does not apply to:
a. cosmetic surgery resulting from a Covered Accident, if initial treatment of the Covered Person is begun within 12 months of the date of the Covered Accident;
b. reconstruction incidental to or following surgery resulting from a Covered Accident;
c. any unplanned and unintended adverse consequences that may result during the treatment of a Covered Accident.
4. Any elective or routine treatment, surgery, health treatment, or examination, including any service, treatment or supplies that: (a) are deemed to be experimental or investigational; and (b) are not recognized and generally accepted medical practice in the United States.
5. Examination or prescriptions for, or purchase, repair or replacement of, eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, wheelchairs, braces, appliances, orthopedic braces, or orthotic devices.
6. Treatment in any Veteran’s Administration, Federal, or state facility, unless there is a legal obligation to pay.
7. Services or treatment provided by persons who do not normally charge for their services, unless there is a legal obligation to pay.
8. Rest cures or custodial care.
9. Repair or replacement of existing dentures, partial dentures, braces or bridgework.
10. Personal services such as television and telephone or transportation.
11. Orthopedic appliances used mainly to protect an injury so that the Covered Person can take part in interscholastic, intercollegiate, club or recreational sports.
12. Expenses payable by any automobile insurance policy without regard to fault.
13. Services or treatment provided by an infirmary operated by the Policyholder.
14. Treatment of injuries that result over a period of time (such as blisters, tennis elbow, etc.), and that are a normal, foreseeable result of participation in the Covered Activity.
15. Repair or replacement of existing artificial limbs, eyes and larynx, unless damaged or destroyed in a Covered Accident.
16. Treatment of hernia of any kind.
17. Treatment of an injury resulting from a condition that the Covered Person knew existed on the date of a Covered Accident, unless we have received a written medical release from his Physician.
© 2023 Spot Insurance Inc. All rights reserved. This is a summary of the benefits provided by the policy. Coverage is subject to the policy’s terms, conditions, and exclusions. In the event of a discrepancy between this summary and the policy, the terms of the policy will control. The policy will be made available upon request. Coverage is underwritten and claims are serviced by SiriusPoint America Insurance Company. Loblolly Pines Adventure Camp LLC is the policyholder for Accident Insurance for Registered Participants who elect coverage, pay the required premium, and who are participating in covered activities sponsored by the Policyholder.