All citizens or permanent residents of the United States, including individuals holding valid temporary work visas, who are active members of AMGA, participating in on duty and off duty mountain guiding activities whose premium has been paid
Hiking, Camping, Skiing (including backcountry), Snowboarding, Split-boarding, Rock Climbing (not free solo climbing), Bouldering (indoors and outdoors), Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Rafting, Trail Running, Canyoneering, Alpine Rock, Snow or Glacier and High Altitude Mountaineering.
A sudden unexpected and unintended event, independent of sickness and all other causes.
Must be incurred within 30 days from the date of the accident.
Benefits paid up to 52 weeks from the date of the accident.
Spot must be notified within 90 days after a loss occurs or begins, or as soon as reasonably possible. Use the link below to contact our customer care team, email email@example.com or simply start a claim from your Spot account.
Coverage is for death or severe dismemberment as the result of a covered accident resulting from a covered activity.
Coverage is for heart failure that occurs within 72 hours of participating in a covered activity . No coverage exists for pre-existing heart conditions.
We will not pay benefits for a loss due to or expenses incurred for:
1. intentionally self-inflicted injury, suicide while sane;
2. Injury caused by, attributable to, or resulting from the Insured's Intoxication;
3. Injury caused by, attributable to, or resulting from the Insured’s use of a Controlled Substance unless administered on the advice of a Physician and taking the prescribed dosage;
4. operating a motor vehicle under the influence of a Controlled Substance unless administered on the advice of a Physician and taking the prescribed dosage;
5. operating a motor vehicle while having a blood alcohol level that equals or exceeds the legal limit for operating a motor vehicle in the state or jurisdiction where the Injury occurred;
6. commitment of or an attempt to commit a felony, or engagement in an illegal activity;
7. an act of declared or undeclared war;
8. active duty service in any Armed Forces;
9. operating, learning to operate, or serving as a pilot or crew member of any aircraft unless specified in the Insured Risk section of this policy;
10. injuries associated with activities or travel outside the United States;
11. sickness, disease, regardless of how contracted. This does not exclude bacterial infection that is the natural and foreseeable result of an Injury or accidental food poisoning;
12. orthodontic braces or appliances;
13. any loss for which benefits are paid under state or federal worker's compensation, employers’ liability, or occupational disease law;
14. a charge which is in excess of the Reasonable Allowable Expense;
15. eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, or related examinations or prescriptions;
16. treatment of a hernia.
© 2023 Spot Insurance Inc. All rights reserved. American Mountain Guides Association is the policyholder for Accident Insurance that covers eligible participants participating in covered activities to which premium has been paid. Coverage is subject to the terms conditions and exclusions of the policy. Coverage is underwritten and claims are serviced by Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company and facilitated by Spot Insurance Inc.